PUBLICATIONS 1998 - 2002
223. Ivanoff, D.B., K.R. Reddy and S. Robinson. 1998. Chemical fractionation of organic P in histosols. Soil Sci. 163:36-45.
224. Mclatchey, G.P. and K.R. Reddy. 1998. Regulation of organic matter decomposition and nutrient release in a wetland soil. J. Environ. Qual. 27:1268-1274.
225. Reddy, K.R., Y. Wang, W.F. DeBusk, M.M. Fisher and S. Newman. 1998. Forms of soil phosphorus in selected hydrologic units of Florida Everglades. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J. 62:1134-1147.
226. DeBusk, W.F., and K.R. Reddy. 1998. Turnover of detrital organic carbon in a nutrient-impacted Everglades marsh. Soil Sci. Soc. Am.J. 62:1460-1468.
227. Reddy, K.R., G.A. O'Connor and P.M. Gale. 1998. Phosphorus sorption capacities of wetland soils and stream sediments impacted by dairy effluent. J. Environ. Qual. 27:438-447.
228. Nair, V.D., D.A. Graetz, and K.R. Reddy. 1998. Influence of dairy manure on phosphorus retention capacity of spodosols. J. Environ. Qual. 27:522-527.
229. Reddy, K.R. 1998. Nutrient removal by aquatic systems used for wastewater treatment. In Nutrient Control Manual. Special Pub. Water Environment Federation. Chapter 10 pp. 305-332.
230. Moore, P.A., K.R. Reddy and M.M. Fisher. 1998. Phosphorus flux between sediment and overlying water in Lake Okeechobee, Florida: Spatial and temporal variations. J. Environ. Qual. 27:1428-1439.
231. Newman S., J. Schuette, J.B. Grace, K. Rutchey, T. Fontaine, K.R. Reddy, M. Pietrucha. 1998. Factors influencing cattail abundance in northern everglades. Aquatic Bot. 66:265-280.
232. Gilliam, J.W., R.J.L. Baker and K.R. Reddy, 1999. Water quality effects of drainage in humid regions. In. Drainage Monograph. (R.W. Skaggs ed.) Amer. Soc. Agron. pp. 801-830.
233. D'Angelo, E.M., and K.R. Reddy. 1999. Regulators of heterotrophic microbial potentials in wetland soils. Soil Biol. Biochem. 31:815-830.
234. Robinson, J.S., C.T. Johnson and K.R. Reddy. 1999. Combined chemical and 31P-NMR spectroscopic analysis of phosphorus in wetland organic soils. Soil Sci. 163:705-713.
235. Ann, Y., K.R. Reddy and J.J. Delfino. 1999. Influence of chemical amendments on P retention in a constructed wetland. Ecol. Eng. 14:157-167.
236. Reddy, K.R., R.H. Kadlec, E. Flaig and P.M. Gale. 1999. Phosphorus assimilation in streams and wetlands: Critical reviews. Env. Science and Tech. 29:1-64.
237. Ann, Y., K.R. Reddy and J.J. Delfino. 1999. Influence of redox potential on P solubility in chemically amended wetland soils. Ecol Eng. 14:169-180.
238. Reddy, K.R., E. Lowe, and T. Fontaine. 1999. Phosphorus in Florida's Ecosystems: Analysis of Current Issues. In Phosphorus Biogeochemistry in Subtropical Ecosystems: Florida as a Case Example. (K.R. Reddy, G.A. O'Connor and C.L. Schelske, eds.) CRC/Lewis Publ. pp. 111-141.
239. Reddy, K.R., J.R. White, A. Wright and T. Chua. 1999. Influence of phosphorus loading on microbial processes in soil and water column of wetlands. In Phosphorus Biogeochemistry in Subtropical Ecosystems: Florida as a Case Example. (K.R. Reddy, G.A. O'Connor, and C.L. Schelske, eds.) CRC/Lewis Pub. pp. 249-273.
240. Delaune, R.D., A. Jugsujinda, and K.R. Reddy. 1999. Effect of root oxygen stress on phosphorus uptake by cattail. J. Plant Nutrition. 22:459-466.
241. White, J.R., and K.R. Reddy. 1999. The influence of nitrate and phosphorus loading on denitrification enzymes activity in Everglades wetland soils. Soil Science Society of America Journal. 63(6):1945-1954.
242. Reddy, K.R., E.M. D'Angelo, and W.G.Harris. 2000. Biogeochemistry of Wetlands. In: Handbook of Soil Science( M.E. Summer, Ed) pp. G89-G119. CRC Press, Boca Raton.
243. White, J.R., and K.R. Reddy. 2000. The effects of phosphorus loading on organic nitrogen mineralization of soils and detritus along a nutrient gradient in the northern Everglades, Florida. Soil Science Society of America Journal. 64:1525-1534.
244. D'Angelo, E.M., and K.R. Reddy. 2000. Aerobic and anaerobic transformations of pentachlorophenol in wetland soils. Soil Science Society of America Journal. 64:933-943.
245. DeBusk, T. A., and W.F. DeBusk. 2000. The use of wetlands for water treatment. p. 241-279. In D.M. Kent (ed.) Applied wetlands science and technology, 2nd edition. CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL.
246. Amir Neori, K. Ramesh Reddy, Hana Ciskova Koncolova, Mashe Agami. 2000. Bio Active chemicals and Biological- Biochemical Activities and their functions in Rhizospheres of Wetlands. The Botanical Review. Vol. 66 No 3 350-378 .
247. Viollier, E., P.W. Inglett, K. Hunter, A. N. Roychoudhury, P. Van Cappellen. (2000) The ferrozine method revisited: Fe(II)/Fe(III) determination in natural waters. Applied Geochemistry 15:785-790.
248. White, J. R., and K. R. Reddy. 2001. Influence of selected inorganic electron acceptors on organic nitrogen mineralization in Everglades soils. Soil Science Society of America Journal. 65:941-948.
249. Lowe, E. F., L. E. Battoe, M. F. Coveney, C. L. Schelske, K. E. Havens, E. R. Marzolf and K. R. Reddy. 2001. The restoration of Lake Apopka in relation to alternative stable states: an alternative view to that of Bachmann et al. (1999). Hydrobiologia. 448:11-18.
250. Wright, A.L. and K.R. Reddy. 2001. Phosphorus Loading Effects on Extracellular Enzyme Activity in Everglades Wetland Soil. Soil Science Society of America Journal. 65:588-595.
251. Wright, A.L. and K.R. Reddy. 2001. Heterotrophic Microbial Activities in Northern Everglades Wetland. Soil Science Society of America Journal. 65:1856-1864.
252. Pant, H.K., K.R. Reddy and E. Lemon. 2001. Phosphorus retention capacity of sub-surface flow constructed wetlands as affected by root bed media. Ecological Engineering. 17:345-355.
253. Pant, H.K. and K.R. Reddy. 2001. Hydrologic influence on stability of organic phosphorus in wetland detritus. Journal of Environmental Quality. 30:668-673.
254. Pant, H.K. and K.R. Reddy. 2001. Phosphorus Sorption Characteristics of Estuarine Sediments under Different Redox Conditions. Journal of Environmental Quality. 30:1474.
255. DeBusk, W.F., J.R. White, and K.R. Reddy. 2001. Carbon and Nitrogen Dynamics in Wetland Soils. In: Modeling Carbon and Nitrogen Dynamics for Soil Management. Shaffer, M.J., Ma, L. and Hansen, S. (eds.) pp. 27-53. Lewis Publishers, Boca Raton, FL.
256. DeBusk, W.F., S. Newman, and K.R. Reddy. 2001. Spatio-temporal patterns of soil phosphorus enrichment in Everglades WCA-2A. J. Environ. Qual. 30:1438.
257. Fisher, M.M. and K.R. Reddy. 2001. Phosphorus flux from wetland soils affected by long-term nutrient loading. J. Environ. Qual. 30:261-271.
258. Robert H. Kadlec and K.R. Reddy. 2001. Temperature Effects in Treatment Wetlands. Water Environment Research. Vol. 73 No:5 pp.543-557.
259. Vimala D. Nair, Donald A. Greatz, K. Ramesh Reddy and Oscar G. Olila. 2001. Soil Development in Phosphate-mined created Wetlands of Florida, USA. Wetlands, Vol 21 No 2 pp. 232-239.
260. Fisher, M.M, K.R. Reddy, and R. T. James. 2001. Long-term changes in the sediment chemistry of large subtropical lake. Lake and Reservoir Management. 17:217-232.
261. Pant, H. K., K. R. Reddy, and F. E. Dierberg. 2002. Bioavailability of Organic Phosphorus in a submerged Aquatic Vegetation-Dominated Treatment Wetland. J. Environ. Qual. 31:1748-1756.
262. Pant, H. K. , K. R. Reddy, and R. M. Spechler. 2002. Phosphorus retention in soils from a prospective constructed wetland site: Environmental implications. Soil Science. 167:607-615.
263. McCormick, P. V., S. Newman, S. Miao, D. E. Gawlik, D. Marley, K. R. Reddy, and T. D. Fontaine. 2002. Effects of Anthropotenic phosphorus inputs on the Everglades. In. The Everglades, Florida BAy, and Coral Reefs of the Florida Keys. An Ecosystem Sourcebook. J. W. Porter and K. G. Porter (ed). CRC Press, Boca Raton, New York. pp. 83-126.
264. Castro, H., K. R. Reddy, and A. Ogram. 2002. Composition and function of sulfate reducing prokaryotes in eutrophic and pristine areas of the Florida Everglades. Applied and Environmental Microbiology. 68:6129-6137.
265. Pant, H. K., V. D. Nair, K. R. Reddy, D. A. Graetz, and R. Villapando. 2002. Influence of flooding on phosphorus solubility in manure impacted soils. J. Environmental Quality. 31:1399-1405.
Wetland Biogeochemistry Laboratory, University of Florida
2181 McCarty Hall A, Box 110290
Gainesville, Florida 32611; Telephone 352-294-3151