SOIL AND WATER SCIENCES ONLINE
Online Degrees and Certificate Programs
The University of Florida Soil and Water Sciences Department offers fully online programs at the bachelors, masters and graduate certificate levels:
- Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies: Environmental Management in Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Master of Science in Soil and Water Sciences, Environmental Science Track
- Master of Science in Soil and Water Sciences, Agroecology Concentration
- Graduate Certificate Programs:
- Biodegradation and Bioremediation
- Soil Ecosystem Services
- Soil, Water, and Public Health
- Sustainable Agroecosystems
- Sustainable Land Resource and Nutrient Management
- Wetland and Water Resource Management
Designed to Fit Your Schedule, Your Location, Your Life
No matter where you live, you have the opportunity to earn a degree or certificate from the UF/IFAS Soil and Water Sciences Department. The Distance Education Program uses state-of-the-art online learning tools and course management systems to bring the classroom to your home. Using high-speed internet connections, students interact with classmates and instructors in real-time from anywhere in the United States as well as around the world. A variety of digital learning materials and tools facilitate the learning process, and chat sessions connect students to instructors and allow live discussions of course material.
Message from the Distance Education Coordinator
Samira H. Daroub
Soil and Water are vital resources in urban, agricultural, and natural ecosystems. The Soil and Water Sciences Department (SWSD) provides highly visible leadership in teaching, research, and extension/outreach programs as related to improving the productivity of agriculture with environmentally sound management practices, improving water quality, and protection and conservation of natural resources. Our department is one of the few in the nation that offers comprehensive research and educational programs (molecular to landscape level) involving terrestrial, wetlands, and aquatic ecosystems of the landscape. The SWSD distance education programs are designed to meet the changing needs of traditional and non-traditional students at state, national and international levels. As you explore our offerings, reach out to the contacts below with any questions you may have.
Certification and Licensure Statement
Certification and Licensure
National Licensing and Certification
The curriculum for the University of Florida’s Soil and Water Sciences online programs (B.S. in Interdisciplinary Studies-Environmental Management in Agriculture and Natural Resources, M.S. in Soil and Water Sciences, or Graduate Certificates) MAY help students achieve national certification/licensure in one or more professional organizations, including, but not limited to:
- The Soil Science Society of America's Associate Professional Soil Scientist (APSS) or Certified Professional Soil Scientist (CPSS)
- The Society of Wetland Scientists' Wetland Professional In Training (WPIT) or Professional Wetland Scientist (PWS)
- The American Institute of Hydrology's Profession Hydrologist Certification
- The National Registry of Environmental Professionals' Certified Environmental Scientist
Successful completion of the University of Florida’s Soil and Water Sciences online programs does NOT guarantee certification in any of the above organizations, due to additional requirements each may have for certification (such as fees, testing, professional work experience, etc.). Students can find more information at the links above and seek out advice from the organization's certifying professional(s) if they are interested.
State Licensing and Certification
The University of Florida’s Soil and Water Sciences is in the process of determining whether its curriculum for its online programs meet the education requirements for any state-level certification/licensure. Currently, no determination has been made for the following states:
AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CNMI, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, PR, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WV, WI, and WY.
This list covers all 50 states and territories under the 34 CFR 668.43(a)(5)(v) Public Notifications requirement.
- B.S. Interdisciplinary Studies: Environmental Management in Agriculture and Natural Resources
- M.S. Programs
- Michael Sisk, Academic Program Specialist, 352-294-3152, firstname.lastname@example.org