Funding for Prospective Graduate Students
Each Fall, several matching assistantships for students, Grinter Fellowships of $2,000 - $4,000, and Graduate School funding awards of $25,000 (over four years) are awarded to outstanding new students in Soil and Water Sciences. Additional or alternative funding may be available contingent upon faculty members' individual research programs. Application to the graduate program automatically qualifies you for funding consideration, provided you have included the Application for Assistantship with your application documents.
Distance education students are not supported by departmental or faculty funding; however, they are eligible for competitive departmental scholarships (see SWSD Scholarships below), which range between $500 and $1,000.
See the Graduate Applications page for deadlines and instructions on applying to graduate programs.
Funding for Current Graduate and Undergraduate Students
Each of the links below contain a vast range of competitive scholarships and awards available to current graduate or undergraduate students at the University of Florida. Take time to look through them, it may pay off!
- College of Agricultural and Life Science Awards
- Graduate School Financial Aid Bulletin Board
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP)
- UF Foundation Scholarships & Fellowships (CALS)
- UFIC Scholarship Resources
- Student Financial Affairs Scholarship Search Engine
- Student Financial Affairs Aid Programs
- Student Loans
- SWSD Graduate Student Scholarships - Deadline Oct. 3
- SWSD Undergraduate Student Scholarships - Deadline Oct. 17
- Wetland Biogeochemistry Graduate Fellows Program - Deadline Oct. 17
- SWSD Quantitative Environmental Soil Science - Pedometrics - Deadline Oct. 1
Please direct any questions regarding application to award programs to the appropriate contact listed on the individual award or scholarship application.