- SOS 2008 - Land and Life
- SWS 4303/5305C - Soil Microbial Ecology
- SWS 4550/5551 Soils, Water, and Public Health
- SWS 6323 - Advanced Microbial Ecology
Departmental Research Areas:
- Remediation of Contaminated Soils, Waters, and Aquifers
- Soil Quality/Ecosystem Services
- Wetlands and Aquatic Systems
Studies the adaptation of microbial communities to human impacts, including shifts in microbial community structure in upland and wetland soils. Research interests also include the molecular evolution xenobiotic-degrading genes and mobile DNA elements in soil bacteria.
This hands-on training course is designed for scientists, organic farmers, and others interested in the practical and theoretical aspects of using mycorrhizal fungi to enhance plant growth and nutrient cycling. Since 2014 the three day course has been held each summer in July.
Soil and Water Sciences Department
2181 McCarty Hall, PO Box 110290
University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32611
2161 McCarty Hall A
(352) 392-3399 fax