Funding for Prospective Graduate Students
Each Fall, several matching assistantships for students, Grinter Fellowships of $2,000 - $4,000, and CALS Dean's Awards of $30,000 (over four years) are awarded to outstanding new students in Soil and Water Sciences. Additional or alternative funding may be available contingent upon faculty members' individual research programs (see currently available opportunities below). Application to the graduate program automatically qualifies you for funding consideration, provided you have included the Application for Assistantship with your application documents and a nomination letter from your prospective faculty advisor.
Distance education students are not supported by departmental or faculty funding; however, they are eligible for competitive departmental scholarships (see SWSD Scholarships below), which range between $500 and $1,000.
Funding for Current Graduate and Undergraduate Students
Each of the links below contains a vast range of competitive scholarships and awards available to current graduate or undergraduate students at the University of Florida. Take time to look through them, it may pay off!
- College of Agricultural and Life Science Awards
- Graduate School Financial Aid Bulletin Board
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP)
- UFIC Scholarship Resources
- Student Financial Affairs Scholarship Search Engine
- Student Financial Affairs Aid Programs and Academic Scholarships
- CALS Study Abroad Scholarships
- Student Loans
SWESD Scholarships and Awards:
- 2022 SWESD Graduate Student Scholarships - October 3, 2022
- 2022 SWESD Undergraduate Student Scholarships - October 17, 2022
- 2023 Biogeochemistry Graduate Fellows Program - App Deadline: October 3, 2022
- 2022 George J. Hochmuth Education Award
- App Deadline: October 3, 2022 (Graduate); October 17, 2022 (Undergraduate)
- 2023 Quantitative Soil Science Pedometrics Award - App Deadline: TBA - October 2023
Please direct any questions regarding application to DSWES Scholarships and Award Programs to Michael Sisk, firstname.lastname@example.org.