SHORT COURSES AND TRAINING
The Soil and Water Sciences Department offers short courses and training sessions as a part of educational extension programs to field practitioners, environmental consultants, managers, and regulators involved in addressing soil and water quality issues.
Current Short Courses
This training course is designed for scientists, organic farmers, and others interested in the practical and theoretical aspects of using mycorrhizal fungi to enhance plant growth and nutrient cycling.
Soil Health and Sustainability IST Online (UF/IFAS In-Service Training #31706)
This in-service training for UF/IFAS county and state Extension faculty is offered online and on-demand. Registration is through the UF/IFAS PDEC in-service training site.
Previous Short Courses
- Biogeochemistry of Wetlands
- Geospatial Technology Workshop Series
- Geostatistical Analysis of Environmental Data
Hydric Soils (Specialized Training for Wetland Specialists)
- October 25-27, 2011
- October 4-6, 2011
- April 26-28, 2011
- April 5-7, 2011
Land Application of Residuals
- May 7-10, 2012
- Modern Methods for Detection of Water- and Soilborne Pathogens
- Soil Microbiology: Applications and Analyses of Mycorrhizal Associations
- Soils for Professionals (Previously called Basic Soils)