Professor Emeritus, Soils and Land Use
Departmental Research Areas:
- Select Publications
- Brown, R. B. 1988. Concerning the quality of soil survey. J. of Soil and Water Conservation 43:452-455.
- Brown, R. B., and J. H. Huddleston. 1991. Presentation of statistical data on map units to the user. p. 127-147 In M. J. Mausbach and L. P. Wilding (ed.) Spatial variabilities of soils and landforms. Proceedings of a Symposium on Spatial Variability and Map Units for Soil Surveys, sponsored by SSSA Division S-5 and ISSS Working Group MV and held in Las Vegas on 17 October 1989. SSSA Special Publication No. 28. Soil Science Society of America, Madison, WI.
- Brown, R.B. 1996. Soil science: An earth science. Geotimes 41(6):5.
- Brown, R.B. 1999. Educating the users and general public on application of soil survey information. p. 17-21. In J.R. Culver (ed.) National Cooperative Soil Survey centennial highlights: Papers for the 1998 Annual Conference of the Soil and Water Conservation Society. Presented at the Annual Meeting of the Soil and Water Conservation Society, held July 5-8, 1998 in San Diego.
- Brown, R.B., J.H. Huddleston, and J.L. Anderson (eds.). 2000. Managing soils in an urban environment. Agronomy No. 39. American Society of Agronomy, Madison, WI.