P. Christopher Wilson
Professor and Graduate Coordinator
- SWS6366 Biodegradation & Bioremediation
Departmental Research Areas:
Research focuses on identifying and reducing negative impacts of land use on natural and existing ecosystems. Current emphasis areas include: characterization of agrichemical loadings in surface water from different land uses, bioremediation/phytoremediation of agrichemicals in contaminated surface water, and evaluation of the environmental benefits of certain best management practices.
Programs are focused on water quality and its impacts on aquatic natural resources. Specific objectives include: 1) identification of how horticultural crop production impacts water quality, 2) identification of how negative water quality constituents affect non-target organisms, and 3) identification of strategies to lessen negative impacts on water quality.
- Lu, Jian, Jun Wu, Peter J. Stoffella, P. Chris Wilson. 2015. Uptake and distribution of bisphenol A and nonylphenol in vegetable crops irrigated with reclaimed water. Journal of Hazardous Materials 283:865-870. doi:10.1016/j.jhazmat.2014.10.018.
- Sidhu, Harmanpreet S., Patrick C. Wilson, George A. O’Connor. 2015. Endocrine-Disrupting Compounds in Reclaimed Water and Residential Ponds and Exposure Potential for Dislodgeable Residues in Turf Irrigated With Reclaimed Water. Archives of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology 69(1):1-88.
- Wu, Jun, Jian Lu, Hai Lu, Youjian Lin, P. Chris Wilson. 2015. Occurrence and ecological risks from fipronil in aquatic environments located within residential landscapes Science of The Total Environment 518-519:139-147. doi:10.1016/j.scitotenv.2014.12.103.
- Wilson, P. Chris and Joseph P. Albano. 2013. Novel flow-through bioremediation system for removing nitrate from nursery discharge water. Journal of Environmental Management 130:192-198.
- Yao, Hong, Jian Lu , Jun Wu, Zeyu Lu, P. Chris Wilson, Yan Shen. 2013. Adsorption of Fluoroquinolone Antibiotics by Wastewater Sludge Biochar: Role of the Sludge Source. Water Air Soil Pollut (2013) 224:1370. DOI 10.1007/s11270-012-1370-7.
Extension Publications (EDIS)
CV P. Christopher Wilson
Soil and Water Sciences Department
2181 McCarty Hall, PO Box 110290
University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32611
3167 McCarty Hall A
(352) 392-3399 fax